Stop Unnecessary comments in wordpress. Spam comments irritate a lot. You can block / stop unnecessary comments in wordpress. Many other bloggers post comments just in a thinking of creating backlinks. There are many agencies which post comments on popular blogs to generate more traffic.
Must Read –
There are many ways to stop Unnecessary comments on WordPress. Some blogs may guide you to disable comments on older posts, some might say to enable two step verification, etc etc. But I suggest you to use a way which tracks IP address and disallow suspicious user behavior on your blog from that IP. Popular wordpress plugins will do your job.
Steps to Stop Unnecessary Comments on WordPress
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Plugins section on Left side.
- Click Add New plugin and search for Akismet Plugin.
- Hit install and follow the on screen instructions.
- Go to Plugins » Akismet Configuration.
- Configure the Plugin settings by referring the inbuilt plugin guide.
- Save the changed settings and close the configuration setup. Now onwards, Akismet will stop unnecessary comments on your wordpress blog.
How it Works
When a user visits your wordpress blog, Akismet tracks the user activity including the IP address of the visitor. Generally spam comment creators are same. They post unwanted comments on different blogs using the same ip.
Aksimet blacklists such user IP addresses and disables the comment if it from the blacklisted ip address. Some bloggers will tell you to inhibit comment posting on your blogs. That will work, but that will also restrict the genuine users to interact on your blog. This might cause a gradual decrease in your blog / site popularity.