Canbus. Can bus Overview and details. A Canbus is a physical medium that comprises of two voltage levels that transmits a flow of digital data using the standard CAN protocol. CAN stands for Controller Area Network.
The Canline or the Can bus makes the automotive network a sure shot trusted way to transmit data. The good baud rate and the capability of bus to handle error and proceed with data transmission makes it perfect for even transmitting critical signals of Aibag module as well.
The Canbus sends the signals over CAn high and Can low physical channels. The channels are the twisted pair wire cables which operate on lower voltage levels and make the data transmission feasible.
Voltage Levels in CANBUS
CANH is 3.3 Volts
CANL is 1.8 Volts
How to insert a Node on Canbus
Any Node can be fit with the CAN transceiver and can be equipped into the Can bus.
Who has the Patent of Canbus
Robert Bosch gets the royalty of its patent for CAN Bus.
- Can bus has the physical layer which uses differential transmission on a twisted pair wire.
- Wired AND logic makes the arbitration and helps in communication.
- The bus is capable of transmitting bigger data sizes as well.
- Message don’t has the address of the receiver, rather the nodes read the data from the bus and accepts or rejects the data as per the configuration.
- The bus also has the error handling mechanism which guarantees proper transmission and reception of the messages.
- Can Bus also eliminates the nodes from network if any of the transceiver gets faulty.
Can bus details should be clear to you now. If you still are having doubts and you need to know the detail, you can email me with your questions. I will reply to your queries soon.