The reason of writing this article is to guide a way of Adding Favicon in Joomla. There is a default icon that you need to change to reflect your desired one. When somebody opens up your website in a browser, it is very common that there are other tabs opened as well. The favicon lets the user distinguish your site from others. Also, Joomla is one of the best WordPress Alternative and Many website owners all over the world trust this CMS. So, the reason of raising queries For this content management system is understood.
Steps to Add Favicon in Joomla
- First select a image you wish to set as your Favicon.
- Now Go to http://favicon-generator.org and convert your image to Favicon file.
- Open File Manager and Access your Website files and Add your favicon to the folder where your Joomla is installed:
- Refresh your Browser to check the changed Favicon.
- That’s it.
You can also use FTP client like XAMPP to upload the favicon file. Suppose you are using the techcheater template, your Favicon will be uploaded here: /templates/techcheater/favicon.ico .
Benefits of Adding Favicon to any website
When you add Favicon to your blog or a website, people start recognizing with an image.
- Favicon builds a trust factor between blogger and a reader.
- It helps Audience to Recognise particular blog in a browser.
- Favicon is free to Use.
- It works as icon, when somebody bookmarks the website.
Many of my readers are switching away from WordPress and are moving to Joomla. That is why, now i am writing more articles about this CMS.
I hope you are liking the Joomla experience. If you have some information to share, you can always write up to me. If you face some troubles while performing the above steps, do not worry and simply drop your error in comments below.