Add Favicon in Joomla. Stepwise guide that will help you change / upload / add Favicon in Joomla Blog or website. Joomla is one of the best WordPress Alternative. Many website owners all over the world trust this CMS. Read more about Joomla and its Alternatives here.
Joomla is not as popular as other CMS, but still there are many websites which are powered by Joomla CMS. I recently shared the article where i shared how to Add Favicon in Blogger blog. Now i will guide you to Add Favicon in Joomla sites. Before i proceed, i should tell that adding Favicon, will increase your brand value and will help your readers know your website with an icon.
How to Add Favicon in Joomla
- Go to http://favicon-generator.org and convert your image to Favicon file.
- Open File Manager and Access your Website.
- Add your favicon to the folder where your Joomla is installed: /templates/your_template_name
For example, if you are using the techcheater template, your Favicon will be uploaded here: /templates/techcheater/favicon.ico .
- Refresh your Browser to check the changed Favicon. That’s it.
Benefits of Adding Favicon
- Favicon builds a trust factor between blogger and a reader.
- It helps Audience to Recognise particular blog in a browser.
- Favicon is free to Use.
- It works as icon, when somebody bookmarks the website.
Joomla CMS is a popular Content Management system. It is ignore by many bloggers, but the thing is it is a great tool to play with. The websites with Joomla are light. It is easy to create blogs with Joomla. Sooner, I will be sharing the articles to track number of visitors on your Joomla blog. I have similar other article for WordPress too which helps you to track number of visitors visiting your blog.
I hope you enjoy reading the blog posts. If you get trouble anywhere in following the above steps, do mention in comments. I will get back to you soon.